URECO Limited (registered company number 11161226) (“we” or “us”) trading as URECO Property is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy lets you know what personal information we collect about you, how we collect it, what we use it for and on what basis. In short, we won’t collect any information without telling you about it. Our business is based on transparency and trust and for that reason we want to be honest with you. We will only hold the information that you tell us about yourself, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you give us about what marketing you want us to send you. This policy explains in detail how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. In addition, you have the right to know what information we hold about you and to have a copy of it, and you can ask us to change or sometimes delete it.
Please read this policy carefully as it applies to the products, services and information, we provide you.
This policy comes is active and in place as of 1st January 2019. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the contact information provided in this policy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Personal Information do URECO collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you. What we collect and how/if we collect it is summarised below;
- Contact Details and other details that allow us to confirm your identity. Should you elect to “sign up” under our sign-up page, your name(s), address, email address, phone number, log-in information and password (we never see your password as it is encrypted) will be held by us.
- Communications; with us, including emails, phone calls and webchats may be recorded.
- Technical information; such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Behaviour; i.e. details about how you use our website and services, including information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you view or search for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from page.
- Consents; Any permissions, consents or preferences that you give us, including communications that you would like to receive from us and how you would like us to contact you.
Any other information collected and stored shall be done under your permission and approval only. This additional information will only be required should you wish to invest with us and is not stored or required without prior approval and agreement. This information will be collected directly via a URECO employee and a receipt of such collected information (as provided by you) will be issued to both parties by means of record and documentation. Additional information that may be required includes but is not limited to;
- Your nationality and an identifying number; or code given to you by a government, i.e. your national insurance number.
- Transitions; details about financial transactions / investments that you undergo with us. This will include information on your bank account and card details as require in order to process any payments by or to you. This will also include details about the properties and transactions that you have either invested in via our platform/website/business and/or expressed an interest in investing in.
- ‘KYC’ information; details about you collected by us to identify and verify the identity of our customers, including a copy of your passport or identity card and a utility bill noting your home address.
- Anti-money laundering regulations, URECO may need to verify the source of the funds which you are investing in. We will discuss this in more detail with you should you invest. We may be required to collect from you any evidence – a copy of your bank statement / savings accounts statement / payslip or completion statement from a sale, for example.
How do URECO collection your information?
We endeavour to highlight as and when we collect your personal information however, personal information may also be collected and provided;
- Via our website;
- Via the internet;
- Via email and exchange of letters;
- Via customer surveys;
- Via face to face meetings with members of the URECO team;
- Via newsletter responses, and;
- By phone.
We may also collect personal information via third parties we work with;
- Via team member referral;
- A ‘KYC’ service provider;
- Our payment service provider;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Financial advisors, your bank, and;
- Companies that introduce you to us.
How do we use your information and for what purposes?
URECO operate a transparent investment model and consequently do not look to indirectly influence your decision to invest or engage with our business. Legally, we are only allowed to use your personal information if we have a lawful reason for doing so. We will use your information if we can satisfy that processing it is necessary;
- to provide our product and/or service to you;
- in order for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- when you consent to it;
Unlike other investment platforms, we do not use your information for our own ‘legitimate interests’ (i.e. when a business has other commercial interests to use your information) . We will only use your information to provide and support services required by you and to respond to any and all statutory requirements projected upon us.
The primary purpose for using your information is to ensure that we comply with all legal and regulatory obligations and provide you with the very best service. Unless otherwise stated; we use information held about you in the following ways:
- To manage our relationship with you and allow us to carry out marketing activities and understand how you, our customer, use our website and service and provide you with guidance when doing so.
- To deliver our product and services to you whilst maintaining transparency and honesty whilst provide you with services related to our business and, in doing so, ensure we adhere to our obligations set out in the agreements or contracts we have with you.
- To develop our product and services
- To detect, investigate and report financial crime allowing us to comply with laws and regulations, manage your risk, prevent and monitor fraud and respond to and resolve any complaints.
- To run our business efficiently and in compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your information with any member or our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or any company operating under the URECO brand.
We may, from time to time, be required to share your information with the following third parties;
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), and other regulators and authorities
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Credit reference agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Third parties that we engage with to help us operate, improve, integrate, market and customise our product and/or services
- URECO’s payment service provider
- URECO’s KYC service provider
- IT Providers / hosted IT Solution providers
- URECO’s auditors and accountants
If a service provide needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us and with controls in place to protect your information.
URECO do not sell your data to any third parties.
What marketing activities do we carry out?
URECO want to offer you the very best service and the very best up to date information. By registering an interest in URECO you agree to allow us to use your personal information to provide you with information about products, services and news that may be of interest to you.
We will (can) only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we either have your consent or ‘legitimate interest’. This is where we have a business or commercial reason to use your information as long as it does not overly prejudice you.
You can ask us to stop sending you messages by contacting us at anytime or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in all our emails. URECO’s service is bespoke to each user so please do email us telling us what you want and don’t want to receive, and we will do exactly that. Irrespective of y our contact preferences, you will (still receive transaction statements from us, and other important information such as introductory communications following sign up to our platform or any changes to existing products or services.
How long to URECO keep your personal information for?
We only keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposed described in this policy in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where do we store your personal information?
We not actively store any personal information on file outside of, (i) your name, (ii) email, (iii) your telephone number and your (iv) address and the (v) username/password provided. The username and password provided to you (upon registration) enable you to access certain parts of our website. You are responsible for keeping this password and login information confidential. We ask you not to share this with anyone.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your dated transmitted through our website and any transmission is at your own risk. For example, if you access the internet via an unsecure network/ Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Do we transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)?
We will only send your information outside the EEA to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or, work with agents, contractors or advisers why we help to run our product and/or services.
What are your rights?
Under data protection law you have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. You may exercise the rights at anytime by contact us using the details set out in this policy. In certain cases, we may not be able to comply with your request for reasons such as our obligations to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements. In the event that we cannot comply with your request, we will also respond to you and tell you why.
Your rights include:
- The right to access your personal information.
- You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and certain details of how we use it. The information will be provided to you electronically, unless otherwise requested.
- We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time, but at the latest within one month of the request (assuming we have any requisite information from you in order to be able to process your request.)
- The right to rectification:
- You have the right to have your information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, however, please do contact us if you require your information to be updated or amended or, alternatively, you can amend your personal details in ‘Settings’.
- The right to erasure:
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your information. There are, however, specific circumstances where we may be unable to deal with your request, e.g. if we need to retain your information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- The right to restrict processing:
- You have the right to request that we limit the way we use your information if you have a particular reason for wanting that restriction e.g. in circumstances where you believe that we don’t have the appropriate rights to process your information.
- The right to data portability:
- You have the right to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information.
- The right to object:
- You have the right to object to us processing your information e.g. you can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you want to do so.
You can also ask us to stop marketing to you by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in all of our emails or by updating your preferences in ‘settings’.
Please note that it can take approximately 48 hours for any changes to your preferences to be actioned.
How to contact us
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by writing to us at:
URECO, Matrix House, 12-16 Lionel Road, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 9DE.
Or alternatively, please email us at email@example.com, noting ‘subject access request’ in the subject line of your email. If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to complain
We are sorry if has come to this but, if you want to make a complaint about how we handled your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will investigate the matter and report back to you. If you are still not satisfied after our response or believe we are not using your personal information in line with the law, you also have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection regulator.
Capital at risk: